Monday, January 28, 2008

You are Special



This simple children’s story titled “You are special” by Max Lucado speaks such great volumes of God’s love for us. The dots and stars in this short passage represent people’s views, judgments and expectations, good or bad. Apart of human nature is to listen to the people around us, we let them shape who and what we are, even when we don’t like it.

In the passage, Punchinello meets a young girl who did not have any stickers, stars or dots. People would “try to give her stickers, but they just didn’t stick.” “She has decided that what I (Eli, the maker) think is more important than what they think, the stickers will only stick it you let them.” If we could come under the realization of how much our God loves us, then what others say over us wouldn’t matter.

Punchinello: “You know my name?”
Eli: “Of course I do, I made you… You don’t have to defend yourself to me… who are they do give you stars are dots, it only matters what I think, and I think your pretty special.”

Punchinello: “Why do I matter to you?”
Eli: “Because your mine, that’s why you matter to me.” “…You are special, because I made you, and I don’t make mistakes!” “The more you trust my love, the less you care about their stickers.”

God loves us each so dearly… I pray we can each grasp on to what this simply powerful message teaches us. Lets trust His love for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing book! Such beautiful truth written so creatively... thanks for sharing Nicholas.