Wednesday, May 7, 2008

NO STRINGS ATTACHED

Why do we as humans feel a need to attach ourselves to objects, positions and people? Why do we always seem to have alternative motives?

In December 2006 I had a picture that I would like to share with you all. In this vision I saw people hugging each other, as they embraced they would place these “tacks” in each others side. These tacks were attached to small, inconspicuous strings, almost like fishing line. Over and over as people embraced each other, they continued to attach more and more of these “tacks” onto others. At one point I felt as if I was looking above these people, they were all tangled together, attached by everyone else’s strings, tangled and confused, they were not their own. Each person was enslaved to another, appeasing the others will.

In my picture I saw these tacks and strings, and God spoke to me of motives, expectations and ownership of men. A person would embrace another, and place their own agenda (plan) on that person.

During this time in 2006 I had a deep cry in me to be released from the ownership of men and from man’s expectations. Even now, three years later God is still teaching me more about what I saw and what this really means!

There is a deep stirring, a cry within to breakout; to risk your reputation and relationships... everything you think you know... To yell out “You don’t own me!" I am not my own, I WAS bought with a price; I am HIS and HIS alone.

Let us go forward, truly learning to love someone with no strings attached.

Father, teach us love. Let us know you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! "I am not my own, I WAS bought with a price; I am HIS and HIS alone." Good post Nicholas!